As we all know, it’s 31st May 2011, as I said, i will do all I can to make it on time, although it’s a little late, but it’s still 31st May 🙂
First of all, there are several notifications that had to be made. In future reverence, all my project name will be referred as Sherry x.x, where “x” is version numbers, the “V” that’s used in previous release like Sherry V1.2 will not be use anymore, so if there are some say that they have some Sherry V1.4 or bla3x, then you’ll know it’s a fake.
Secondly, starting from Sherry 1.3, all the future release will be minor release in terms of bugfixes and features add-on. For example, if there are bugs that have been fix, the fix will be release in format of Sherry 1.3.x, where “x” will be the build number. Any major release will be notice also but I’ll doubt I’ll do anything major after this.
Also, unfortunately for today, only 945 (G,GM,GL,GZ and etc, mainstream GMA950) 32bit version will be release, other planned version that should release today will be postponed to 1st or 2nd June 2011, that includes Sherry 1.3 for 965 (32bit and 64bit) and Sherry 1.3 for 945 (64bit). Sorry for the inconvenience, but minor testing required for the versions mentioned.
Please note that Sherry 1.3 will not enable users to play Call of Duty 4, and I know, as I also disappointed by that but Intel admit that GMA950 does not support vertex shader 3, as it said here. So I will look for another way to enable pure Vertex Shader emulation later on.
That said, let’s go on with the release information.
Sherry 1.3 for intel 945 (build 19126.96.36.199.0)
A special thanks for MAD_BEAST (Jose), DanielPK, KingPin, Tribaljet, Espionage, NeoDragon, Haze and everyone that support my work since the beginning. Also thanks to the 9xxSSF community for all the support and feedbacks. With out them, today would be just an empty day 😛
What’s new in Sherry 1.3
- Improve OpenGL performance
- Improve Software vertex compatibility and performance
- Improve DirectDraw compatibility and performance
- Fix several stability issue
- CPU regulation (for software vertex)
- Better Color Reproduction (may vary from display types and monitor)
- Increased performance 150% compared to Sherry 1.2
- Better memory management
- Avalon.reg Compatible
- Better Aero Performance
- Better Desktop Window Manager performance
- CPU Web acceleration (WebGL) for firefox and Chrome
- Better management for low-end CPUs
- Control Panel fix
- Power Saving Features fixed
- Better power usage and saving in idle or low workload
- HTML5 canvas and video acceleration (vary from browser used)
- Better support for Virtual Machine (Graphics Acceleration) (tested on VirtualBox)
- Pixel Shader performance increased
- Better Video playback quality
- Better display quality for LCD/FlatPanel
- improved codes for ig4icd.dll
- More game compatibility
- Random flicker issue fix for several games, mostly Source engine based
- Snappier Windows experience
- Massage Signalled Interupt limit increased to 1024
- Hardware Flash Acceleration